EvansMDS has two public grant programs for 2022. These grants are currently in process. Detailed information is available through the links below.
Grant Calls for 2022 (open)
- There are no open grant calls for 2022. The Edward P. Evans Foundation typically announces new grant calls the week before the annual meeting of the American Society of Hematology, usually in late November. If you would like to receive notification, please register here.
Grant Calls for 2022 (closed)
- EvansMDS Young Investigator Awards 2022 – This transition award is for up to three years of funding at $125K/year targeted at senior trainees looking to move to an independent investigator position in Myelodysplastic Syndromes Research. Award recipients have been selected for 2022. Recipients can be viewed on the Young Investigators page.
- Discovery Research Grants 2022 – This award is for up to three years funding at $200K/year for studies in Myelodysplastic Syndromes. Recipients have been selected for 2022 and can be viewed on the Discovery Researchers page.
General Information on EvansMDS Funding
- The Edward P. Evans Foundation does not accept and will not acknowledge unsolicited funding requests.
- EvansMDS prefers electronic communication wherever possible. If you would like to to be included on all future grant calls, please register your information here. Please make sure that you have whitelisted our domain, especially firstname.lastname@example.org with your email provider, or you may miss important communications.
- Grantees are expected to outline milestones and deliverables that will be achieved after each year of funding. Successful achievement of these milestones is a precondition for requests for funding for the subsequent years, and for application to any subsequent EvansMDS grants or programs.
- Grantees will be expected to provide a written annual progress report detailing research, approach, publications/presentations, and achievement of designated milestones,
- Individual grantees will be required to make a presentation at an EvansMDS – sponsored scientific meeting designed to stimulate collaboration between the investigators. Continued funding is contingent upon attendance.
- Grantees will be expected to be highly collaborative and to make reagents and information resulting from research freely available to other scientists including those supported by the EvansMDS. Additionally, Grantees should anticipate ad hoc discussions with representatives of the EvansMDS or the Edward P. Evans Foundation.
- Grantees will explicitly acknowledge the Edward P. Evans Foundation whenever Foundation-funded research is presented or disclosed, according to the specific terms detailed in the grant agreement.