Grant Calls for 2024 (in process)
- EvansMDS Young Investigator Awards 2024 – This transition award is for up to three years of funding at $150K/year targeted at senior trainees looking to move to an independent investigator position in Myelodysplastic Syndromes research. Applications have been received and are now under review. The RFA for this program is available here. Previous recipients of this award have been posted on the Researcher Profiles page.
- Discovery Research Grants 2024 – These awards are for up to three years funding at $250K/year for studies to address critical challenges in Myelodysplastic Syndromes. Letters of Intent are now under review. Full applications will be requested in March from those investigators submitting proposals for projects of interest to EvansMDS. Submission of applications will be by invitation only through Proposal Central. The Request for Letters of Intent is available here. Previous recipients of this award have been posted on the Researcher Profiles page.
General Information on EvansMDS Funding
- The Edward P. Evans Foundation does not accept and will not acknowledge unsolicited funding requests.
- EvansMDS prefers electronic communication wherever possible. If you would like to to be included on all future grant calls, please register your information here. Please make sure that you have whitelisted our domain, especially firstname.lastname@example.org with your email provider, or you may miss important communications.
- Grantees are expected to outline milestones and deliverables that will be achieved after each year of funding. Successful achievement of these milestones is a precondition for requests for funding for the subsequent years, and for application to any subsequent EvansMDS grants or programs.
- Grantees will be expected to provide a written annual progress report detailing research, approach, publications/presentations, and achievement of designated milestones,
- Individual grantees will be required to make a presentation at an EvansMDS – sponsored scientific meeting designed to stimulate collaboration between the investigators. Continued funding is contingent upon attendance.
- Grantees will be expected to be highly collaborative and to make reagents and information resulting from research freely available to other scientists including those supported by the EvansMDS. Additionally, Grantees should anticipate ad hoc discussions with representatives of the EvansMDS or the Edward P. Evans Foundation.
- Grantees will explicitly acknowledge the Edward P. Evans Foundation whenever Foundation-funded research is presented or disclosed, according to the specific terms detailed in the grant agreement.