COVID-19 & 2020 EvansMDS Research Grants for Programs in Myelodysplastic Syndromes
These are unusual times. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a serious adverse impact on MDS patients, researchers, families, colleagues and communities. EvansMDS recognizes that due to isolation measures, you or your institution may have experienced dramatic work slow downs and been unable to complete your important MDS research during this period. We have made several modifications to our timetable to accommodate these challenges.
Please note the following revisions:
- Completed new, and ongoing, EvansMDS Young Investigator Award agreements may be sent to us anytime before August 1, 2020. Funding will commence the later of July 1 (our original funding date) or approximately 30 days after receipt of your signed agreement (and financial transfer info & photo for new awards).
- The deadline for our receipt of Final/Annual Progress Reports for ongoing Discovery Research Grants remains October 31, 2020. Because of the current shut downs, we anticipate that many of you may need to extend the timeline of your project. Please review the relevant portions of your agreement and prepare to request a No Cost Extension prior to August 31, 2020.
- If your situation requires additional flexibility, please contact me directly and we’ll work something out.
Take care everyone.
Open Grant Calls for 2020
EvansMDS is pleased to announce two grant programs for 2020 that are now open. Detailed information and application instructions are available through the links below.
Discovery Research Grants 2020 – Applications are currently being evaluated. Recipients should be notified by mid-June.
General Information on EvansMDS Funding
- The Edward P. Evans Foundation does not accept and will not acknowledge unsolicited funding requests.
- EvansMDS prefers electronic communication wherever possible. If you would like to to be included on all future grant calls, please register your information here. Please make sure that you have whitelisted our domain, especially firstname.lastname@example.org with your email provider, or you may miss important communications.
- Grantees are expected to outline milestones and deliverables that will be achieved after each year of funding. Successful achievement of these milestones is a precondition for requests for funding for the subsequent years, and for application to any subsequent EvansMDS grants or programs.
- Grantees will be expected to provide a written annual progress report detailing research, approach, publications/presentations, and achievement of designated milestones,
- Individual grantees will be required to make a presentation at an EvansMDS – sponsored scientific meeting designed to stimulate collaboration between the investigators. Continued funding is contingent upon attendance.
- Grantees will be expected to be highly collaborative and to make reagents and information resulting from research freely available to other scientists including those supported by the EvansMDS. Additionally, Grantees should anticipate ad hoc discussions with representatives of the EvansMDS or the Edward P. Evans Foundation.
- Grantees will explicitly acknowledge the Edward P. Evans Foundation whenever Foundation-funded research is presented or disclosed, according to the specific terms detailed in the grant agreement.