COVID-19 & 2020 EvansMDS Research Grants for Programs in Myelodysplastic Syndromes
These are unusual times. EvansMDS is deeply concerned about the growing COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on MDS patients and our families, colleagues and communities. We would like to express our deepest appreciation for our clinical colleagues who are on the front lines dealing with the pandemic and its consequences among an immunocompromised population.
EvansMDS recognizes that due to isolation measures, you or your institution may be unable to comply with our planned timetable for our 2020 grant program. In general we are following the NIH COVID-19 guidelines regarding award flexibility during this period – https://grants.nih.gov/grants/natural_disasters/corona-virus.htm. We are aiming to maintain our high level of support for your important MDS research during this period.
Please note the following:
- Our application deadline for the Discovery Research Grant 2020 program has been extended to April 30.
- Completed new, and ongoing, EvansMDS Young Investigator Award agreements may be sent to us anytime before August 1, 2020. Funding will commence the later of July 1 (our original funding date) or approximately 30 days after receipt of your signed agreement (and financial transfer info & photo for new awards).
- The deadline for our receipt of Final/Annual Progress Reports for ongoing Discovery Research Grants remains October 31, 2020. Because of the current shut downs, we anticipate that many of you may need to extend the timeline of your project. Please review the relevant portions of your agreement and prepare to request a No Cost Extension prior to August 31, 2020.
- If your situation requires additional flexibility, please contact me directly and we’ll work something out.
Please note that these new deadlines are subject to change depending on how well the COVID-19 infection can be contained and the MDS research community is able to maintain some percentage of a normal workload. T
Take care everyone.
Open Grant Calls for 2020
EvansMDS is pleased to announce two grant programs for 2020 that are now open. Detailed information and application instructions are available through the links below.
Discovery Research Grants 2020 – Letter of Intent submission deadline was January 31, 2020. Letters of Intent have been reviewed and authors of selected letters sent a Request for Application. Application deadline has been extended to April 30, 2020 to accommodate COVID-19 related work slowdowns.
Evans Young Investigator Awards 2020 – Recipients have been notified. Agreements are due anytime after May 1, 2020 (at the earliest, for funding to begin July 1, 2020) up to August 1, 2020 (for funding to begin by September 1, 2020). Please contact me if your situation requires additional flexibility.
General Information on EvansMDS Funding
- The Edward P. Evans Foundation does not accept and will not acknowledge unsolicited funding requests.
- EvansMDS prefers electronic communication wherever possible. If you would like to to be included on all future grant calls, please register your information here. Please make sure that you have whitelisted our domain, especially firstname.lastname@example.org with your email provider, or you may miss important communications.
- Grantees are expected to outline milestones and deliverables that will be achieved after each year of funding. Successful achievement of these milestones is a precondition for requests for funding for the subsequent years, and for application to any subsequent EvansMDS grants or programs.
- Grantees will be expected to provide a written annual progress report detailing research, approach, publications/presentations, and achievement of designated milestones,
- Individual grantees will be required to make a presentation at an EvansMDS – sponsored scientific meeting designed to stimulate collaboration between the investigators. Continued funding is contingent upon attendance.
- Grantees will be expected to be highly collaborative and to make reagents and information resulting from research freely available to other scientists including those supported by the EvansMDS. Additionally, Grantees should anticipate ad hoc discussions with representatives of the EvansMDS or the Edward P. Evans Foundation.
- Grantees will explicitly acknowledge the Edward P. Evans Foundation whenever Foundation-funded research is presented or disclosed, according to the specific terms detailed in the grant agreement.